It's been months since I've written. Thank you for the emails I received checking in on me. I'm fine. Truly. I just have had no desire to visit this space. I wish I could say I was soul-searching, trying to find my place in the blog world, but really, I just didn't care to write. Have you ever been there with your blog? Of the blogs I read, it does seem to be a trend that people aren't writing as much or commenting as much. Perhaps it's the saturation of blogs or perhaps people are actually out there living their lives instead of writing about them. Nonetheless, here I am.
Here's what you missed during my hiatus:
1. Miscarriage #5-done naturally at home. This I do NOT recommend. Go for the D&C people-much less emotionally traumatic!!!
2.I got medicated!!!!!Hooray for me! Anti-depressant AND anti-anxiety meds. I'm much better, although still battling serious anxiety due to #3 and my fear of taking the anti-anxiety meds and getting addicted.
3. Finished out the worst school year of my career. Many teachers were fired for no apparent good reason leaving us all feel very unsettled and terrified. It was a year filled with drama and crisis and change and I'm hoping this coming year will be totally boring because I can't handle another year like that.
4. Cub Scout camp for Builder Boy-a wonderful experience for him! He learned so much and had such a great time.
5. Our church festival where I learned lots, made lots of new friends, and cooked more cabbage rolls that I ever thought I could. It was a lot of fun!!!
6.A heat wave and we don't have air conditioning. I really like it when I tell people we have a couple of window units and they reply, "OH, that's good!!!" Really? yes, it's helpful, but it's not good. It's hot as blazes in all but one room in our house during the day, and that room is a freezing 84 degrees. It's even been too hot to go to the pool during the afternoon hours. Ugh.!
7. Teaching summer school...always interesting and challenging, especially because it's online. I do enjoy it, though, as it keeps me fresh and teaching is never far from my mind.
8. Restoring out front porch. Oh.My.Gosh. What a project! Remodel Man is doing it all himself and it is quite a project. and in this heat...
9. Getting ready for vacation in the near future. Beach time is always good for the soul.
10. Prepping lessons for the entire school year-I am determined that THIS will be the year I am organized and ahead of schedule planning-wise. (Please pray for me on this one!)
11. Cooking!! Lots and lots of new recipes and new foods. I had lost my cooking mojo for awhile, but because of a CSA program and Pinterest, I have my groove back. Remodel Man is quite glad about this!
So that's me...how have you been?